My glowforge Just started Moving on it own and now it stuck on Centering

Can someone check to see if the servers went down on the glowforge ?

1 Like

I am back up and running , downtime 45 minutes. Its a constant frustration having to deal with there updates,

What updates?

2 Likes

There haven’t been any recently that I’m aware of.

1 Like

I have two machines and these updates are not like were getting anything from them its more like there resetting the servers, today the glowforge went off on its own after sitting still thru lunch time to day. These movements are a tell that Glowforge is doing something .

Didn’t affect my machine at all…

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into a snag. We have not released or provided any updates to your Glowforge, and we have not experienced an outage.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge, and I noticed that your unit experienced trouble staying connected to your Wi-Fi network.

I then reviewed some data from the last few days of use in order to investigate further. In these logs we have a record of the average signal strength the Glowforge is capturing from the network it’s connected to. On average, this signal strength has been low over the last week, with average strength at around -60dBm as of today. For more context, on networks with very good signal strength, this will often run closer to -30dBm. A signal strength at -70dBm or lower would be very difficult to stay connected to.

There may be an issue with the performance of the 2.4GHz band on your network. Because this band isn’t exclusively used by many devices, the issue might not be seen on other things that are connected to your network.

I was only able to see this trouble on one of your units, as the other unit has not recently shown any connections to our servers this month.

I hope this information helps. We do have some helpful tips for when you notice your Glowforge appearing offline located here. Let me know if those tips help to resolve the trouble.

2 Likes

Mine has been on all day and no unnecessary movement either

Nice piece of remote troubleshooting there Marc. :+1:
A major advantage of a connected machine.

3 Likes

Well that explains a few things, and we are now secure with a new Wifi. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you @PrintToLaser! We’re always here to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so glad this information was helpful, and you’ve been able to improve the connection. I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you run into any more snags.

Thank you!

3 Likes