My Glowforge lid just popped off

From what I can tell, it appears that the adhesive failed on the lid on the top of the glowforge. I did not forced it open, it just popped off. The unit has not been moved since I first got it.
Are there any options to reattach it or detach the lid to troubleshoot the issue?

here’s the best image I can get right now.

FYI, previous topics: Search results for 'lid detached separated' - Glowforge Owners Forum

2 Likes

You have a couple of options after it’s out of warranty…either try to repair it yourself, or send it in to Glowforge so they can do a repair.

If you choose to do the “Fix it Yourself” route, I’d read the entire thread here, to see what other people have had success with.

If you let Glowforge do it, you’ll need to pay for shipping round trip, which is a couple hundred bucks, and then the repair cost.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the helpful links and info. Do you know if the hinges are supposed to be VERY difficult to move or is this a sign that something else is wrong with the lid assembly?

Uhmmm…they have hinges that will hold the lid open at a certain angle…like those on a piano lid.
(I have been informed they are not called “piano hinges” however. No idea what they are called.) :smile:

So there is some stiffness in them by design. (Keeps us from accidentally slamming the glass lid.)

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your Glowforge. I appreciate you providing photos of the area of the lid where you noticed the separation.

I see that you’ve found some useful information inside of the community regarding repairing your Glowforge. I don’t have any specific advice available for the repair, but if you’d like to work on having your Glowforge sent in for repair, please let us know, and we can send over the next best steps.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you decide you would like to send your Glowforge in for repair, please email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help get that process started for you.