My Glowforge Pro Died After Two Weeks

My Glowforge Pro is only two weeks old. Today we were testing a few designs. Not overworking it by any means, using Proofgrade 1/4 Acrylic. Before it got 1/8 of the way through engraving and cutting a design that was only about 2" by 3" the power died. No popping noise. Just no power at all. No lights, nothing.

Have tested the outlet and it powers other devices fine.

Have tested the Glowforge on other outlets/circuts and still nothing.

Have waited over 20 minutes to see if it needed to cool. Nothing.

The little staple/pin thing in the back is in place.

Not using one of those protectors I’ve read in here that says not to use. Can’t remember the name/type.

Any suggestions? I submitted a support ticket (on a Saturday so I’m sure it will be a few days) but to say I’m disappointed in spending so much money and only having it two weeks to die is an understatement.

Sounds like you’ve covered your bases pretty well in troubleshooting…

I can’t think of anything off of the top of my head that you missed; the no power at all thing is pretty limited in the number of things it could be.

Good thing is Support pretty much works 7-days a week. If the “smoke went out”, they’ll get ya a replacement ASAP. An inconvenience for sure, but should be mostly painless.

4 Likes

Thanks! I was just trying to find anything I may have missed.

@scott.wiederhold, you know of any fuses/connections or anything that might cause this? Something on the power supply maybe?

Heard of that happening one other time. So seems fairly rare. But wasn’t good news.

Last i heard @scott.wiederhold is not interested in participating in the forums any more. With him gone and Palmer banned you will have to rely on Support for your in-depth information.

We did try a different cord. It makes a click like it’s trying to get power.

Might want to pull the cable and reseat it for the lid and for the head. Those connections might have come apart and are preventing power.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like