My Glowforge won’t work

Have you gone through the wifi troubleshooting steps on the support site? The Glowforge is a lot pickier about its wifi connection than most other devices. Some people find that giving the machine its own dedicated wifi connection using the “guest” network option will keep other appliances, etc. from interfering with its ability to connect. You can also try connecting it to a cell phone hotspot.

4 Likes

You can try using your phone as a hot spot. If that works, the problem is with the wifi which just might be fiddly tonight.

4 Likes

Yes. I have gone through the trouble shooting. Like I said, nothing changed. Except I didn’t turn it on for 9 days because I was on vacation. It will not connect to my phone, computer, iPad. Nothing.

1 Like

The WiFi is working for everything but this machine.

1 Like

I understand, but just give the hotspot a try. This is not the first time a person has found that all other devices work on the wifi, but Glowforge stopped working.

3 Likes

How do I create a hotspot for it on my phone?

1 Like

It’s usually either in or near your WiFi settings on your phone.

2 Likes

My hotspot is on. Does not acknowledge my machine. When I turn my machine on, the only thing that works it the lights.

1 Like

You’ll need to restart the wifi setup process to access a different wifi network like your phone hotspot.
Hold down the big button until the light turns teal. Then do the setup like you did originally with the exception of closing your phone hotspot instead of your regular home wifi.

4 Likes

I have done all that. Does not work. I’m beginning to think my machine is scrap. Sorry, I’m venting.

1 Like

What specifically is happening during the step process?

2 Likes

Nothing. The searching for wifi spinning wheel never stops.

1 Like

The printer head does not even move. Nothing. Only lights up.

1 Like

When the button is teal you need to go to the setup webpage on your computer.

3 Likes

This thread - the video in particular - may be helpful. You need to hold the print button down until it turns teal and go through setup again.

6 Likes

Thank you! I’ll try that when I get home from work.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you are running into trouble properly connecting your Glowforge after coming back from vacation. I know that this can be frustrating, and I’m glad the community was able to send over some great details. The snag may be related to a “lease” your network has supplied your Glowforge with. I’d like to see if performing a factory reset helps to resolve this snag.

Please do not perform a factory reset in the future unless asked. The factory reset deletes troubleshooting information from your Glowforge that we can use to help you, so we want to make sure that we have everything we need before a customer resets.

Here’s how to reset. Please do not turn off your Glowforge until the reset process is complete.

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the Glowforge button. The button will glow teal and eventually blink teal.
  4. Release the button when it begins to blink teal.
  5. Press and hold the blinking teal button again until the button begins to blink blue.

The button will eventually turn solid green on its own, and your Glowforge will reboot automatically. Please contact us if the button does not turn solid green.
  6. After your Glowforge reboots, the button should glow solid teal again, and your Glowforge will be in Wi-Fi setup mode. Close the lid.
  7. Navigate to app.glowforge.com/setup and follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network.

Once you’ve worked through these steps, let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Update: My machines (Glowforge and computer) did not like being on vacation. My computer crashed after I posted this. Long story, I had to get new computer last night. I finally have it setup.

Glowforge is working great now!

Thank you everyone that offered help!

2 Likes

Hi @robinreed. I’m happy to hear that you were able to set up your Glowforge, and appreciate you updating everyone. I’ll go ahead and close this thread since this has been resolved, but feel free to reach out if you run into any other trouble. We’ll be here, and always happy to help. Thanks!