My Last Advent Calendar - until the next one :)

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I love it when I am able to draw something and do not have to make changes to the files when I cut them and put them together! (Never really happens! LOL) Well, this beast of an Advent Calendar is finished! A little bigger than I thought.

Made with 1/8" MDF

The Body 27"H x 3.5"D x 10.125"W

The Base is 11"W x 6.5"D

The Drawers (Inside Measurements): Small (18 Drawers) 1.75"W x 3"L x 1.5"H, Medium (2 Drawers) 3.25"W x 3"L x 1.5"H, Large (5 Drawers) 5"W x 3"L x 1.5"H

Things I learned, 1. I am never making another Advent Calendar again with Drawers…Doors or just blank openings from now on. LOL 2. Make sure when you create spaces for things to slide into, you actually clean off the glue that oozes out or your piece will go from 25 drawers to 23 with 2 very decorative drawer fronts. LOL 3 I am never making another Advent Calendar again. LOL

I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday! What are you making today?

Sorry for the crappy photos - it wouldn’t fit in my lightbox by just a smidge. LOL

60 Likes

Are you going to paint it?

Glue in corners can be cleaned out with a sharp chisel.

5 Likes

I haven’t decided whether I am actually going to paint it or just give it to someone and let them do whatever they want with it. Normally when I put it together, I am done with it and time to move on to something else. LOL

A chisel is exactly what I used! Great minds.

8 Likes

Mmmpfffff! :laughing: Your title.
(Okay, now, seriously…you need to be submitting these to the Catalog when they get it fully opened up.)

7 Likes

That will look soo cute once painted… not that it’s not as it is. ;0)

2 Likes

HAHA - I really am not making another one. These drawers take forever to put together! I will think about the catalog, maybe something I don’t offer on Etsy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait to see someone actually paint it! HAHA

3 Likes

lol put it on etsy, I’ll make one, paint it and show you what it will look like. :0)
but you are right… those drawers… aaaargh. Just finished the North Pole ones last night. whew!

2 Likes

HAHA - it is on etsy. :slight_smile:

The North Pole ones are definitely harder there are 8 or 9 pieces to each drawer. I tend to over design then cuss myself out when putting things together. HAHA

3 Likes

…runs over to Etsy …

Here goes, I’ll update when finished and painted. :0)

Thank you.

5 Likes

HAHA. Thank you! Can’t wait to see what everyone does with it.

1 Like

Another cute advent calendar - it is hard to keep up with you! It definitely needs paint though.

3 Likes

Great job! Your work is always extraordinary.

4 Likes

Thanks! Have fun painting! LOL

2 Likes

The Sugar Plum Fairy would be proud!

1 Like

Am going to pass on this one. Made our own last year which we will enjoy again.

1 Like

I was just kidding. The last thing I want to do now is paint this. Haha. Did I miss the post last year with yours? Now I wanna see!!

3 Likes

This one…

2 Likes

I still prefer this one …

3 Likes

That’s great! Very clever design…

1 Like