(my local) USPS scumbags

I’ve had Amazon do that twice. Both times the LEGO box was banged up (once with some small holes in it) but luckily nothing was missing. I think after I complained the second time I got a $5 credit or something.

Both times it happened were around 2019–2020 or so. I haven’t seem them do it since.

2 Likes

Yeah Target made right, but still took a call and then waiting for the new one to arrive after already waiting. Just a hassle, and a waste of money to them having to keep replacing items. So they saved a few dollars on a box but at the expense of a $200 kit.

2 Likes

That does nothing in my experience. At my current apartment about 10% of my mail goes missing. Sometimes it shows up in Informed Delivery, but never comes. Complaints don’t work; nothing changes.

Of course sometimes it doesn’t even show up in Informed Delivery. In that case it sometimes ends up being returned to the sender, with a sticker saying the address doesn’t exist. I’ve had several people send me photos of the label, and others who have stuck the item inside a larger envelope and mailed it to me again (addressed exactly the same way) so I can see it. When I’ve taken those to the post office to complain they just shrug.

I’ve never this kind of any trouble anywhere else I’ve lived. Everywhere else I’ve had great service from the USPS. But the post office for the 91730 zip code is just awful.

5 Likes

It was a huge benefit to myself and my ex when my daughter was in basic training. She only got to call us for 15min on Sundays so we looked forward to her letters.

Unfortunately it was very inconsistent, mail would not show up despite being scanned and some would without being scanned at all.

I was still in the IBM program at the time, everything was reported.

2 Likes

I had my health insurance shut off for a year because one of their mailings got returned undeliverable. I have had the same address for fifteen years. Of course it was at the beginning of the pandemic and I didn’t need health insurance for anything, so I didn’t notice until I needed dental work.
I have had multiple mail-in ballots returned and even had my registered voting status changed, so I don’t think it’s all accidental. My post master generally is on top of it as much as he can be though.

3 Likes

A considerable worry for many.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.