My machine isn’t cutting engraving or scoring

My machine stopped cutting engraving and scoring. It worked last night and now I went to use my machine and nothing is working

Hi! Welcome to the forum - let’s try and get you sorted :slight_smile:

Do the lights turn on? Does the fan?
If no - does the socket work?

If yes, does it upload and go to print? Does the white light flash?
If no - verify your WiFi is connected.

If yes, does it go through all the motions, but no laser comes out? Can you see the laser in the tube?

Try to print a Gift of Good Measure (in your dashboard) - post the time you do so here, and if anything comes out, post pictures of that.

A staff member will be along shortly, but in the meantime answering/doing these checks will speed things up :slight_smile:

I did everything and. I u can’t see the laser in the tube

If you answer the questions here, it’ll make things go faster when a staff member gets here to assist.

1 Like

Hello @make_upartista - I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like the problem you’re seeing is the laser not appearing during print, I’m so sorry.

It looks like you ran that Gift of Good measure test print as well. Thanks for doing that. We could be looking at an issue with your laser tube here, but it’s also possible this is just an issue with the mirror or other optics in your printer. Could you please check over the following areas and make sure they’re undamaged?

• Both windows

• The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head

• The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge

• The printer head lens

• Both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

• The bottom of the printer head

If there’s any piece you’re not sure about feel free to take a photo to share with me and I’ll be happy to look it over.

I did these steps as well and are still not able to cut. All functions are happening except for the laser cutting.

Hi @make_upartista - Thanks for checking on that for me. Based on everything we’ve looked into, this looks like it’s an issue with the laser tube in your printer.

Unfortunately, this is a part we can’t fix remotely, so the next best step here would be for us to replace your printer. I’ll need to gather some further details from you to help get that process started, so I’m going to reach out to you via email to do so. I’ll close this topic and we can finish getting everything situated in that email.