My machine will not turn back on

Update: A few customer service agents reached about my problems. First, my missing items were sent in a separate package and I received it yesterday. My main and last issue, Glowforge is sending me a newly refurbished machine WITH 90 day warranty. I will be honest, I would like warranty for a little longer but I am going to trust that the machine they will be sending me is going to be good as new and last longer than a year this time and many years to come.
I believe this company have the potential to be a great company. Glowforge is a great machine, it just needs to be built for the long haul. I saw so many people unhappy with the product, service and etc which is understandable. Anyone will get upset for something so expensive. One of my pet-peeve while dealing with customer service, is there copy and paste responses. For example:
“Our team of experienced and highly-qualified technicians pore over each lightly-used printer we receive to refurbish.”
I got this same response from multiple customer service reps helping me with my issue and to me my response was AS THEY should! Like I mention before ITS A $5000+ MACHINE LOL. My brand new machine should of had the same treatment and yet it only lasted a little under a year.
Anyway, this issue has prompted me to use my new machine a lot more than I have in the past. My main goal is to have a little side “hustle” for extra money and the love of crafting.
Thank you everyone for helping me through this dilemma. I will keep you all posted.

It is a hobby/crafting machine. That is the reality. $5000 is a lot of money for some people, but a “long haul” machine costs many times more.

You can equate it to a $200 vinyl cutter. Businesses don’t use them, they use commercial products costing many times more - that are more robust and provide business-quality support.

Sorry to seem such a downer but that is the reality. The beauty of the Glowforge is it brought laser capabilities to crafters and hobbyists at an affordable price.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.