My take on the Cryptex

Yes, my original was wood, but the acrylic was a great contrast and then you can see what is in the box right away. Also made is smooth, so it slides more easily. Also used hidden bolts to hold it together so I could change this easily.

3 Likes

Oh, I printed that too. :grinning: I have a long way to go, but thank you.

You might also notice in one picture the acrylic is cloudy. I made rookie mistake of using super glue. Fortunately I designed it to allow me to replace it with one bolt,

1 Like

Wow, you did a stellar job on that!

1 Like

It looks fantastic. I wanted to do a Cryptex, but havenā€™t had the patience. Great way to get started!

4 Likes

Itā€™s beautiful in the two different woods! Wow!

This morning I was thinking that I have less than a month to do something for my husbandā€™s birthday. A Cryptex has been on my mind. Not sure Iā€™ll have time for this year ā€¦ but, will use two different woods when I do! Beautiful!

1 Like

I was going to try to replicate the one on instructables just to try it. yours is pretty.

8 Likes

Amazing something like this never would have crossed my mind if it wasnt for you. I need one of these i my life, off to the store to pick up some more supplies.

1 Like

@Aloha, the one you pointed out on the Instructables was the one I was going to make, but I really loved the fact that the one I made had the ability to change the code and change the size. If i print more rings, it will be longer; if I want a shorter one, take out a few rings. Easily adaptable. But I do love the one you linked. I may make that some time as well.

2 Likes

Really nice, love the two tone colours on the rights. Iā€™m pleased people are still finding that project useful.

4 Likes

Thank you. The community and sharing are a big part of why I am doing this. Having designs that helped me to think out new ideas, especially with Aphantasia. Having projects like this to help me learn and grow are critical. As I spend more time with the tools they start to translate to things I can design myself.

1 Like

Really like the acrylic and wood design and also the dark and light woods.

Here was my take on it :wink: Last one in the Cryptex family : The Magical Cryptex

1 Like

Wow, I love what you did with the letters. That was one of the things that I found most difficult, was making sure all of that got lined up. I actually saw your post after I had completed mine. If I had seen it before I probably wouldā€™ve done it the way you did. Your work is amazing.

Very nice.

1 Like

Brilliantly done!

3 Likes

I love the different materials used for their different properties. Very nice work.

3 Likes

This is an amazing offering. I am in awe of what you were able to create.

I so admire the inspirations that motivate people to create their ā€œcrafts,ā€ so to speak, as I do yours.

Congratulations, itā€™s perfect.

2 Likes

Fantastic! The alternating colors looks amazing and the whole project is so clean and professional - great job!

2 Likes

Have you found any better instructions on how to put it together? Iā€™ve cut all the pieces but struggling to understand how it all fits together. Some pieces donā€™t seem to fit right. Please let me know if you know of anything. I really need help. Thank you.

It took me a little time but I figured it by trial and error. I would be happy to help you if you can tell me which part is giving you trouble (or a picture) I will do my best to explain it