National Ice Cream Day (a day late)

My friends and I do a “Crawl” on Nation Alice Cream Day (I have a friend named Alice). Yesterday, we hit 11 Ice Cream shops and then went for frozen custard for dessert. For participants who made it to at least 6 stops, they got this token. 33 participants, and 16 tokens.

Ice Cream

33 Likes

28 Likes

20 Likes

23 Likes

Oh wow, now i need ice cream!!

11 Likes

Wow. I love ice cream but I would blow up if I tried to eat 11 helpings in one day lol.

12 Likes

I feel like you could have told us this a few days ago arrrrgh :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I don’t remember where it was but recall having deep fried Ice cream. I think they stored it in dry ice as round balls, and when ordered would dip the ball of ice cream in batter and then to the deep frier and to the table and the breading would be hot but the ice cream would still be frozen.

11 Likes

Great respect to anyone who can eat all that ice cream and a burger (loaded one at that!) as well.

11 Likes

That is delicious. The first place I tried it was Hacienda restaurants. At our (famous) Fall Festival in Evansville, Indiana, there is a food booth that sells Deep Fried Klondike Bars. They are worth selling your children for.

16 Likes

I had a hot dog and fries at the last stop too. :wink:

15 Likes

Holy cow! :smiley:

I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at the photos! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn’t know it was National Ice Cream Day (or Al-ice Cream Day). haha
My kids would be very upset that they missed it.

12 Likes

LOL, that’s quite an endorsement :wink:

7 Likes

Didn’t the fried ice cream come from Stuckeys? Seems like it was always available on road trips in the south I75 or 95.

7 Likes

I had Jalapeno ice cream one time at, of all things, a chilli cook off. It was absolutely fabulous.

11 Likes

Sonic used to have a jalapeno milk shake that was pretty good. And another of the booths at our Fall Festival used to have Mango/Habanero ice cream that was amazing…not sure why they got rid of that.

9 Likes

Pending lawsuits?

4 Likes

Cool! I would have soldiered through enough to earn my badge :wink:

4 Likes

I did brew about 4 gallons of Jalapeno mead, but the aging cooled the burn quite a lot while enhancing the flavor, and that made it really spectacular. If you cooled the burn of habanero would there be anything left?

5 Likes

Mango always seemed too tart to me, and the habanero hot (not too hot for me, but hot). But the combination seemed to sweeten the mango and the creaminess soothed the habanero so it came out perfect.
My brother is the mead guy. He is quite the hobbyist. He has his own (non selling) brand name of Edalos, which stands for Eric Does A Lot Of (fill in the blank)

4 Likes