National Ice Cream Day (a day late)

Mostly it is a joke carried too far.

3 Likes

That is just odd enough that it is probably delicious! Why go to a festival if you’re not going to try the foods! I mean… ICE CREAM! :ice_cream:

4 Likes

There was one year Ben and jerrie’s put out a dark chocolate cherries Garcia. Yum!

4 Likes

I have done a few ice creams with unusual flavors, including one that involved brine from homemade pickles. No crab or sauerkraut, yet, though.

The latest from last weekend was La Fée Verte Gelée:
absinthe ice cream with dark chocolate pieces. I made orange shortbread cookies to go with it.

CW for momento mori/skull imagery.

5 Likes

This is one of my favs

Coconut Seven Layer Bar

Coconut Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert with Fudge Chunks, Walnuts, & Swirls of Graham Cracker & Caramel

7 Likes

My wife makes “Seven Layer Cookie Bars” with coconut on top. They are amazing!

(Now I want some cookie bars…)

5 Likes

Yes, mmmmm
I haven’t had them for a long time but they are amazing!
I actually bought nondairy condensed milk to make some of these and then haven’t made them. lol

6 Likes

Some things are just wrong and don’t require trying :smiley: For me it was cheddar cheese ice cream in the Philippines. :scream:

6 Likes

Another festival food…dill pickle slushes.

3 Likes

And I feel guilty about one large cone. Yep. I need me some ice cream. It’s been months.

3 Likes

Necrogame

4 Likes

They’ve got great flavours, but I can’t bring myself to buy Blue Bell.

Friendly’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is fabulous for that flavour combo :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I had not heard of that. (Or I don’t remember, there was not much news going on in 2020 hahahaha jk) I can’t read the whole article (can search later) but just the title alone (seriously? omg) makes me :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Honestly factories like that have issues all the time - it was the corporate structure that led to them attempting to cover it up rather than pull product from the shelves that put them on my no-buy list.

6 Likes

right, that’s messed up!

6 Likes