National Park

Settings for non-Proofgrade materials can’t be discussed here, but you will find plenty of previous discussions in the Beyond the Manual section.

Thank you!!

Great share. Real so beautiful

I make my own cutting boards. I was a woodworker before I bought my GF. I have a local hardwood store that’s amazing.

I love these! I used to guide trail rides in glacier for 5 years many glacier is my favorite part!

1 Like

Very beautiful!!! I’d never use them for cutting anything - they’re too nice!

1 Like

That’s great!..do u you in sell wholesale??..what kinds of wood do you use?..I have a customer interested in personalized boards for his clients and am trying to find someone to supply them for me

Thanks!

Kelly

1 Like

I do, do wholesale. I use responsibly harvested domestic hardwoods. I can do Maple, Walnut, or Cherry. I think the Cherry is my personal favorite. The variations in the wood coloring really add to the the fur-like coloring of the animals. Cherry also ages beautifully. My email address is birchswingwoodworks@gmail.com

I actually do the engraving on the back of the cutting board. This allows the engraving to stay nice. They can also be used as serving trays as I hand sand then smooth for easy cleanup, or as a trivet for hot pans/casserole dishes.

1 Like

We hiked to Cracker Lake from Many Glacier and I know they do trail rides down some of the hiking trail.

Do you include a note to not use the decorative side for preparing food? Just curious, based on the vacant stare I get when I tell people I give engraved boards to. :roll_eyes:

Yes,
So the cutting side has actual juice grooves, so it’s fairly obvious that’s the side you cut on. I do also include care instructions/info that says something about the wood being responsibly harvested, and the engraved side is meant to be used as a serving platter, or trivet. That being said I do have a lot of customers that tell me that they would never consider using them as cutting boards, but rather display them. I’m in the process of doing some art pieces from the same line of designs that are made for displaying only.

1 Like

cracker lake is one of my favorites. if i could live in many glacier year round and survive i would

1 Like