Need 1 sheet 1/8" cherry plywood, 12x20

Everybody I usually buy from is either out or doesn’t do the right thickness. I’m in need of a 20" x 12" sheet of cherry plywood. Would prefer proofgrade if possible, but can work with any plywood that is the right measurement. Can pay immediately and will cover shipping as well. You’d be shipping to Fuquay Varina NC, if that helps you determine the shipping price so I can pay you properly. Can pay via PayPal or Zelle.

2 Likes

I don’t have proofgrade. But I have a ton of 1/8in cherry in about that size. I don’t mind sending you one, but I order from here and they have plenty in stock:

https://www.engraving-supplies.com/engravable-wood/veneered-wood.html

I use the glowforge to cut the length down, so mine fits in the bed, but I am probably a little off the 20" mark.

Back when I was worried about not having wood (since walnut and maple were out of stock for a few weeks with them) I ordered 20 sheets of cherry and mdf from them. Now I’ve got twenty sheets of walnut to be here on Friday.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you! I hadn’t seen this supplier before. Looks like it takes a couple days to be able to order from them, so I’ll probably get it from there. You’re a life(order)saver :grin:

4 Likes

Kind of annoying that they don’t display the price without a login.

5 Likes

The price starts at 14.88 a sheet, but with the amount I order, the price goes down. So I pay 11-something a sheet. And they usually do coupons, so right now they have a promo for 50 dollars off 200. Free shipping starts at 300, but if you order right at the 300 mark, and use the code, you still get free shipping.

3 Likes

Dang that’s pretty awesome. I have some cherry right now, but it’s literally 1" too short so I’m kinda dying on the inside. I’ll probably get just this one sheet.

1 Like

And I don’t know about the rest of the country, but they also have a location in California, so a couple of times, the wood has gotten to me the next day. The engraveable plastics come from NJ, so they usually take a week, but I really like the quality from them.

1 Like

Wow $19 shipping is a pain…

What would it cost to buy that cherry sheet off you, @CMadok?

2 Likes

They also have an Amazon shop if you aren’t ordering much. The Amazon shop has a flat rate shipping of 9.99, but you don’t get any bulk discounts on the order if you do order alot. I order through their Amazon shop if I’m not ordering enough to get the discounts because shipping on their actual site gets high unless you get enough for free shipping.

2 Likes

Ill check out the Amazon shop then.

1 Like

I have no idea how much it would cost me to ship you the single piece. :rofl: :rofl: If you need it though, I only paid 12 dollars max for the piece of cherry. I could put it in a box and see how much it is, but a flat rate box is like 15 dollars. So their Amazon shipping would probably be your best bet.

2 Likes

I went ahead and ordered the 1 sheet from Amazon. I’m hoping that I can convince my current supplier to cut at 20" instead of 19". That’ll help a lot in the future xP thank you for the help!

3 Likes

Also, I have tried all their wood, and I was concerned about the “mdf” core. But I’ve compared what I have to proofgrade…I’m no expert, but to me it looks and burns exactly the same. Again, I’m not an expert, but it has so far performed exactly the same.

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to do a couple test engraves before doing the full thing. I have a specific lighter engrave I like to use.

1 Like

No problem, glad it works out for you…I’ve been using the hack I saw on the forums to cut these pieces down to size. I have to say it’s saved me a ton of money. And the extra bits I cut off have been really good for testing.

I will say that these pieces from them are smoother than proofgrade though. I recently noticed that. Proofgrade has a little more of a rough feel to the finish. These are supposed to have a satin finish.

2 Likes

Good to know. I rather like the texture on the maple proofgrade, but I have lately been buying unfinished plywood and finishing it myself. It’s enjoyable :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought so too at first…but then I decided it’s probably what is keeping them from being sold out all the time :rofl: :rofl: They are usually always in stock. So far I only experienced them being out of stock once, when they said they had a run on walnut and maple in July.

When they are out, it no longer shows up on their website, but you can also call them and they put you on the backorder list, so that way when it’s in stock, you’ll be the first to get it. I couldn’t find walnnut on the site the other day and they put it in the cart for me.

Also, their two colored plastics are the cheapest and best quality I’ve found so far. I actually sent JPPlus’s back to them because it was really bad, and Inventables is just so expensive I never bothered ordering from them.

I’ve been doing all my ordering through them. I just really like the shipping time, customer service, and the price. Everything I’ve posted lately has been using their materials. This week along with the walnut, I ordered some PPE stuff to test out. I want to make face shields for the family. I heard PET is good for faceshields, so I ordered through them. It’s less than 2 dollars a sheet.

The mdf is the same as glowforge. When I ordered 20 sheets of that, it came out to about 2 dollars a sheet I think. Nothing comes masked, but I have masking paper and I’m getting more material for the price. I really like proofgrade, but this supplier was a better choice for my needs.

I have no idea where everyone else orders from though, I don’t know of any local plastics or wood places. Woodcraft is the only place I have heard of that sells thin woods, and I’d have to sell my kidneys to buy from there :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I am currently LOVING PlanksAndBlanksLLC on Etsy. They are a local supplier only a couple hours from where I live. Super low prices, about $7 a sheet for plywood, but about $3 for BB at 1/8". I was able to do a pickup for an order because I needed the wood ASAP and Liam was really nice and met me halfway. It did save them the shipping but I like to think it was also cuz he wanted to help, haha. I’m working on a supplier deal with them, because if I get this really large commission, then I’ll be using them for all my wood. Just need to convince them to cut at 20".

Woodcraft is a great place to get things other than wood xD I like talking with Glen about my projects and he has amazing advice on nearly everything.

2 Likes