Need a Solution for a bad lid cable now , While I wait for a new Cable

Oh, could it be network issues? I’m noticing some big problems today with Facebook today. If you are stuck on calibrating that sounds similar to the Google outage last month.

I already did , this to me is looking more like some kind of update that went tru which would explain all of Aprils Black Cable problems.

No im not stuck the Printer Head wont move at all, not a network issue, Something much more sinister is at work, this ruined my 4th, just needed one more run, , if i just new it was an update than i could stop trying .

I was just going off the original post where you said the machine is out of warranty and pressing the cable worked once.

Those little connectors are a pain. I got a replacement machine a month or so ago and the lights on the right side didn’t work and it reported the door was open. This was right out of the box after delivery. The right side cable closest to the hinge was misaligned. It took me five or six tries but I finally got it to seat correctly. And I did have the same symptom where the lights came on a couple of times when I pressed the cable.

2 Likes

I never had any of those issues, it was flawless for 22 months, I swear to god this has got to be an update that took place . Did you see how many Cables were replaced these last couple months. WOW !

Mine was flawless too, until it wasn’t. Luckily for me I had about two weeks left on the warranty.

1 Like

Im going to STOP now. My research shows that there was an update in april 25 th that really left a lot of people where I am , Stuck on Scanning and Centering with No Printer head movement.

We all have the exact same story so somehow the Update pushed through to me and I am in the same boat waiting on the new cable.

I think the tell is that the : Printer head is not moving.
The camera picture is the same as the last run
That all of our cables were like brand new
Everyone went thu all the hoop 100 times with no joy.

This is all you need to know: Stuck on Scanning and Centering

is there a way to extract the logs on the glowforge to investigate further ?
I remember seeing that once in post. >

Correlation is not causation. If your cable is bad it’s simply bad because it ran out of cycles.

ribbons have cycles ? This I was not aware of Thank you.

Yes in this case it is cycled every time you open the door.

1 Like

Well that would be a lot of cycles, so you dont think it was an update , just time for it to go, it did show signs of getting worse , so perhaps the ribbon went bad.

Never Say Never but 96.4% Chance an update did not cause your problem give or take .7% :crazy_face:

Also, 99.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

2 Likes

I expect two things happened in April - a lot of folks had similar usage and the lifespan of the cable was reached where it broke and they put in some kind of diagnostic logging so they could determine remotely that the cable is the culprit. We don’t know how many machines went back to the mother ship for warranty repairs that were cable replacements. In fact they may have added diagnostic & field replacement as a result of seeing them coming back. The replacement cables are a bit longer.

2 Likes

The cables have been a problem for quite some time. Many months. The number of centering P&S reports have been fairly consistent. It’ just that the company has started to publicly identify the cables recently. Doesn’t look to me like there has been a statistically significant bump at any point in time. I base this on the 397 thousand posts I have read.

BTW: The vast majority of folks, except for Beta testers, are running the same firmware. Any firmware issue would affect all of us.

7 Likes

Here I am , 4 hours latter , hundreds of attempts to get this to run one more time. Hundreds of phone calls to clients letting them know the items are going to be late,
Refunding all the over night packages that were suppose to go out today.
Breaking promises to so many , and your making me laugh , nice thank you.

Waiting for a tracking number from Glow Forge for my over night shipment that I paid for in hopes of having some peace to end this .

But no word from support back yet.

1 Like

Yes, they typically look at the logs when there is a failure.

However, a month or so ago when there were widespread Google outages people were reporting the same thing - failed calibration, stuck on scanning, etc. Today there is a bunch of issues with Facebook products and this pages shows a sharp increase of Google issues today:

https://downdetector.com/status/google

1 Like

Yeah FB is not looking good either. Notice that the graphs follow a similar curve for both companies. If Google is having issues it will impact the Glowforge.

Please Glow Forge send me my tracking number Please I just want to sleep knowing i did something right,

Sorry, I can’t help you with that.

1 Like

I was just about to say that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes