Need help with set up

I just got the Glowforge. Having problems setting up
Once we have connected to wifi. We are stumped what to do

I can’t do the test pages. Where to go and

If you completed the setup, you should go to app.glowforge.com. I am wondering if you have actually completed the wifi set up, however. Have you switched back to your home wifi? Did you pan out an click the “accept” button?

NO. I had the wifi, not sure where to go after.

If the Wifi has been connected, the next instructions for learning to use the machine are some sample prints that are described here:

Learn By Doing: Your First Prints

If you don’t have the machine connected to your Wifi yet, there is a video that sometimes helps. Let us know if you need to see that first.

1 Like

I am Aable to connect. But once done where to go. As it doesn’t do anything

Ok but when I do it bring me back here

Is there someone who we can call to walk us through this. This is taking way to long. Not sure what we are doing wrong.

They do not have phone service, but that particular error might be something that someone from support has to fix on their end. You have notified them of it now…they will look into it for you and let you know when they have it set up on their end. :slightly_smiling_face:

One of the support staff will be along shortly.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble during set up. When you reach the page you took a screenshot of here, stay connected to “Glowforge XXX-XXX”, and choose the Wi-Fi network you want to use from the list on the right-hand side.

When you select your preferred network, you’ll be prompted to enter your password. This will disconnect you automatically from the “Glowforge XXX-XXX” network, and your Glowforge will then be associated with the Wi-Fi network of your choice. You’ll only need to go back through these steps if you want to change Wi-Fi networks, or if your network name or password changes.

Let me know how it goes!

Can we call you

Can someone help us. This takes long going back and forth with typing. Not efficient at all.

They don’t offer phone support.

There is a video here that walks you through how to set up a Glowforge.

It might help to watch it.

1 Like

thanks, one problem after the other. Now we got in with the app, but its offline. We tried everything they mentioned

Did you turn the machine on? (Switch on the back.)

I ended up calling our internet provider to see if they can help. The support staff was great, he suggested to reboot our bandwidth. He did that from their end and it seemed to work. We did one test cut out. Will look at it again today to see if it continues to be good.

It seemed our bandwidth was blocking it and he said that is common. Thanks for your help. Hopefully no other issues again today when we continue testing the machine out. I think the support at Glowforge should be better. People want instant help and not wait. Emails are ok for general questions. Support, they should have better service.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your support experience. I’ll pass that on to the team. I apologize for the challenging start, but I’m glad to hear you were able to get set up and start printing.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble please open a new topic.