Need Help!

My glowforge stopped cutting all the way through the materials.

I have only ever used proofgrade materials so I’m not sure what’s going on.

My camera also has a hard time recognizing the material automatically. It’s a new machine so I am not sure what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Kara

Do you primarily cut Draftboard or Ply? Those can make a mess quickly.

Be sure to clean your lens with Zeiss wipes. That is likely what support will suggest.

If you use the search function, you’ll find dozens, if not hundreds, of prior discussions of this.

There is also a page dedicated to this issue in the support troubleshooting section, linked above.

I have been only cutting Proofgrade acyrlic. I already clean my lens with Zeiss wipes.

Could you share a photo showing the back of the acrylic so we can see how close to cutting through you are getting? If you have made sure that your honeycomb tray is properly installed, that your material is held perfectly flat and that you have the correct Proofgrade settings, I think Glowforge will credit you for wasted materials.

Okay I will post a photo tonight. It happened on three different pieces. When holding it up to the light I could see light through the cut line. At first I thought maybe the tape was the only part not cut but once I got a better look I realized it wasn’t cutting through the acrylic itself.

If you only cleaned one, you’re not finished yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provided.

I’d like to take a look at a specific test print, to ensure your Glowforge is performing within specification.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  5. Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
  1. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Once the print has been completed, please let us know how it goes! We’ll extract the logs from this print, and send over the next best steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.