Nest Cam Footage

I discovered a wren nest in a box of junk in our garage yesterday, and was able to slip in a motion-activated camera while the parents were away. Here’s a compilation of the footage from day one, for anyone else who enjoys such things:

38 Likes

Great team work!

11 Likes

That is just the sweetest thing… :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing. So much work for the parents!

9 Likes

that is so cool, what camera did you put in there?

8 Likes

It’s a Blink Mini.

7 Likes

cool thanks.

6 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

How cool! I’ve been watching Carolina Wrens on my Bird Buddy all week ever since I added dried mealworms to the bird seed mix.

8 Likes

Cool, I have a Bird Buddy too! And mealworms in the mix, but all I get these days are cardinals and brown-headed cowbirds, and every once in a while a Carolina chickadee. I so very much want some nice photos of painted buntings!

7 Likes

Hi Wren!

6 Likes

That is so awesome! We have some Carolina Wrens that built a nest in the top of our propane tank (we have a small 100 gallon that stands upright). We haven’t checked on them this week. I’ll have to ask my husband to check. I love listening to them sing.

7 Likes

Neat! That looks worth doing!

2 Likes

Here’s Day Two:

11 Likes

I love it!

5 Likes
7 Likes

Oh, very cool! We have had an occasional visitor to our birdbath that looks a lot like your wren but couldn’t figure out what it was. Now I know where to start looking.

5 Likes

I am enjoying seeing your nest mates. Your video editing is professional looking too.

3 Likes

That poor mama bird works her tail off. :rofl:

7 Likes

Here’s day four:

8 Likes