Network Firewall TCP/UDP ports required?

anyone using their glowforge behind an enterprise grade firewall? i use a Cisco ASA at home (i’m a network engineer) and wondered if anyone has had any issues getting the thing running from behind one?

my initial setup last night was a bit difficult and i thought i might have to open up my ASA to let the glowforge out to the web. i had trouble getting it onto my wifi and setup a second SSID but still behind the ASA and it was finally able to get out to the web.

i haven’t had a chance to run a packet trace yet but wondered if anyone else has has any network trouble (outside of wifi range, band etc). i did a quick search of the forums but didn’t fine a whole lot. any info i discover i’ll update to this thread.

2 Likes

I think as long as you’re not blocking any outgoing traffic you should be ok.

1 Like

It appears to only use HTTPS, so as long as that isn’t being blocked, you shouldn’t have any problems.

1 Like

It also wants NTP at least on startup. I have a bunch of packet captures but I’m away from home for a while.

1 Like

yeah i just ran one, saw DNS, NTP and HTTPS and that’s about it… so i guess my initial trouble was purely with my primary SSID and not the firewall… good to know. thanks everyone.

1 Like

and found the answer to my other question i sent to support, how to force the glowforge to go back to broadcasting its setup SSID so i can try changing back to my standard network.
https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi#dont-see-your-glowforge-wi-fi

turn off,
wait 5 count (capacitors, electric pixies, yada-yada)
turn on,
hold button for 10 count,
light turns teal (i’m colorblind but oh well). should send out setup network again…

3 Likes

I’m glad you were able to find what you needed.

Please post a new topic if you have any more questions.