Never a precise engrave

That is the kind of precision I can get as well.

1 Like

What does that do for you? Does the GFUI map and retain the multiple settings?

The lid camera’s photo of the material is scaled and de-warped according to the measured distance from the print head to the material that “set focus” asks it to take. The resulting picture is going to be most true to real world coordinates where you asked it to measure. If you need to make sure your design is lined up on two sides for example, asking it to measure on the left and making sure the placement looks good on the left, then asking it to measure on the right and making sure the placement looks good on the right, will give you more certainty about where it’s going to print than using a single measurement and photo. Tiny changes in material height (from the crumb tray not being perfectly flat and level, the material not being perfectly flat and level) can have a big effect on the dewarping of the bed photo. Only the last measurement is being used by the machine to actually set the height of the laser focusing lens for the job, however.

2 Likes

When it stops moving I know I’ve got it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.