New...Can't connect to wifi

I am trying to setup for the first time. My glowforge will not connect to my network/wifi. My computer connects to the actual glowforge wifi just fine. But when it comes to actually connecting to actual wifi it won’t work. I have restarted it, tried my hot spot. I called my internet provider and there are no issues there and have the correct strength etc. I am stuck…I just want to use my printer so bad lol. I submitted a ticket but am unsure how long that takes for a response.

2 Likes

The GF is extremely picky when it comes to the WiFi signal make sure it’s a strong signal to the GF and it must be the 2.4 Ghz not the 5 Ghz,

2 Likes

Okay my provider said i had both 2.4 and 5. How can I make sure its connecting to the right one? Any advice?

1 Like

I just confirmed with my provider that i am running on the 2.4ghz

How far in the setup do you get?

1 Like

This might be helpful.

1 Like

I had to buy a wifi extender to use my gf. I have my gf located to far from my household router so when I set up my wifi extender I was able to place it directly next to the gf and I get a nice strong signal.

2 Likes

i ended up having to use my desktop, for whatever reason my macbook just wouldnt connect. I am now up and running! yay!

4 Likes

Yay for fixing it!

For the future:

Posting here also submits a ticket, so you should do one or the other, but not both. If it’s a question you want other owners’ help on, post it here. If it’s something private (like money, or address is needed) send an email.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you everyone for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!