New Custom Synth Rack

Some of you may have seen my earlier post regarding the Roland Boutique synth stands I’ve been making here: Roland Synth Stands

Further to this, I decided to make a custom stand for three Eurorack Synths (Behringer analogue originals/reinterpretations) using a single sheet of 1/4’ ProofGrade ‘Thick Black Acrylic’.

After designing in Illustrator, I exported the SVG to allow for the cutting itself, the cutting of the screw holes and even some countersink etching.

I used the standard ProofGrade settings for the print, aside from slowing down the cuts ever so slightly since I’ve had a few instances in the past where a print doesn’t cut all the way through the entire design.

The resulting rack works perfectly - certainly as well as the $79 Moog Mother-32 Rack Kit, and is almost identical to the forthcoming Behringer EurorRack Stand.

…and yes, I can still get to all the sockets and ports on the back of each!

37 Likes

nice work.
I am inspired by this. I have a few rack-able mixers, input devices and maschine controllers that would benefit from some racking. I may have a width issue as some are wide like yours and some are the next smaller size. but, I loves me a good challenge. so…

2 Likes

Really nice work!

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

Very nice vision. Finished work looks great!

1 Like

Looks pro. Nice work!

1 Like

Looks great!

2 Likes

Oooo, very slick! I like that you were able to save yourself a chunk of change by making this yourself.

1 Like

Really nice! I have been meaning to cut myself some custom eurorack ends. They are ridiculously expensive to buy, considering how simple they are.

The only way this could be any better - cut them out of walnut.

1 Like

…so long as we ignore the $4000 price tag on the machine :wink:

I would LOVE all of my end plates to be made from walnut…but I’m finding lumber is absurdly expensive, especially here in SoCal.

1 Like

I have a bunch of Behringer synths, and I’d like to make a couple of these. Are the files available?