So, among my absurd synth collection, I have a swathe of Roland Boutique Virtual Analogue micro synths, that, don’t typically come with a stand. Even when they do, they’re essentially a tray with a spring to hold a wedge up at an angle. This is not only a little weak, but, retails for $60!
After making my original prototypes out of cardboard and then an alpha version out of wood, I decided to produce a ‘finished product’ version from black acrylic.
Hopefully these images speak for themselves a little.
Things I learned…
Not all 1/8" materials are created equal - or even the same thickness. This wasn’t a problem in this instance, but if I want to go thicker, say, to 1/4" hardwood I would have to of course make adjustments.
I used Miniso Acrylic paint pens to colour (yes, I’m British) in the logos. On one, I did this with the paper still on, then peeled it off. the other I did afterwards. Since it’s water-based, the results weren’t that different. I did of course have to do several coats though.
Leaving on the paper seems like a good idea, but since the glue used for acrylic actually welds the surfaces together using capillary action, it does find its way under the paper and will leave slight marks on your materials.