New Glowforge Pro not cutting, camera blurry

I checked when I cleaned it and the lens is in the correct orientation

1 Like

Just to be sureā€¦ what do you think correct is? It should be a ā€œbowlā€.

If I run the cut at about 80% of the default speed for the material, it makes it through

Yep,
I just double checked again, because I would have felt VERY dumb if that was the case

Nah, not dumb. Some peopleā€™s units have arrived with it in upside down.

Might also pull the lid off the top of the head and make sure the mirror is seated correctly.

1 Like

I also checked that earlier, but just double checked to be sure and it is in the correct orientation

1 Like

Check the window on the left side of the head. Itā€™s ridiculously easy to place a finger over it when youā€™re seating the head on the gantry. The laser beam has to get through that to get to the mirror and lens.

Wipe it with a lens wipe.

Also wipe the bottom of the head to clean any fingerprints off of the scanning led & lenses - if theyā€™re mucked up the scanning step may calculate a different material height which will be used unless youā€™ve overridden it in the operation drop-down.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue with its wide angle camera that we canā€™t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so Iā€™m recommending we replace this one. Iā€™ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. Iā€™m so sorry about the bad news.