New Glowforge Pro Not Cutting, Scoring, or Engraving on Right Side

I set up my glowforge for the first time today and the laser does not work at all on the right side and only works fully about 2 inches off the edge of the left side. The laser seemingly gets weaker from the left to the right side. I tried the Good Measures cut about 5 times and it didn’t work at all. I thought it may have just been the file so I tried the snap and store box and had the same results. I literally unboxed and set it up today (after waiting an extra week to receive my accessories and sample wood). It should not be having problems on set up.

I found several people in the forums who had the exact same issue. I followed the directions that GF support gave about shutting down and only using cut on the far right side. It didn’t appear to even turn on although the laser head moved as if it were cutting. It didn’t leave a single mark. It seems like GF Support sent the same “we have to send you a new unit” response to each of those people. I’m hoping they can resolve this issue quickly.

Anybody else dealing with this?

Here are some pics of what’s coming out.

Support will take a look at your logs and let you know what has to be done as soon as they see your post here. (Probably a good idea to track down your box and orange bits just to have them handy though…sorry to hear it.)

Thanks! I figured as much. Luckily I just opened it up so all the pieces are sitting right next to the glowforge.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.