New Glowforge Pro - Top Camera Not Detecting Proofgrade QR Codes

Hi @kathan. Again, this is extremely hit or miss on whether or not it will pick up the proofgrade. I’ve cleaned everything but there’s no guarantee it will detect it. I always get the “proofgrade not detected” warning after rendering the print. I’m just at the point now where I manually select my material, which is fine. Machine is working great other than this. Should I leave the ticket open since this technically isn’t resolved?

I’m sorry about the ongoing trouble with your unit recognizing Proofgrade material. I extracted your machine logs and, although your most recent few prints successfully recognized the material, I was able to verify that it’s intermittently failing to recognize material.

Depending on the material you usually print on, you might need to clean your lid camera’s lens more frequently. For example, printing on draftboard will generally cause your camera lens to become dirty faster than when printing on other materials. Would you be willing to share a bit of information about the types of prints you usually run?

I am printing with quite a bit of draftboard, and have begun cleaning the lens after every few prints which does seem to help. What information do you need about my print types? I’ll share whatever I can :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear that Proofgrade is being recognized more reliably now. Thank you for letting me know a bit more about your material use. What you shared about using draftboard frequently is enough information. Your plan to clean the camera lens more frequently when printing on draftboard is a great way to ensure that your unit is able to get the best view of your material.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please feel free to post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be glad to help. Happy printing!