New Glowforge stuck on"focusing"

Hello!
I just received my glowforge today and have had trouble setting it up. I have followed all of the instructions and got to the point of trying my first test print. When I choose the project to print it shows a view of the inside of the glowforge that is not the actual current view. The status that it is showing in the program is “Focusing”. It just stays like that without any changes. The arm has also not ever moved. I have followed the troubleshooting steps. Cleaning the lens, checking all ribbon connections inside the lid, checking wifi, and they all seem to be fine. Does anyone have any other ideas of things I should check or anything I may have missed.
Thanks!

My first guess would be a wifi issue. The GF uses a 2.4 GHz channel and unfortunately they can be extremely finicky however they can connect to almost any network. Make sure your GF is on a dedicated channel not used by anything else.

1 Like

The fact that you’re seeing the “focusing” message means it is connected to the GF cloud, so support can check the logs to see what’s going on. Despite that, it could still be a wifi signal strength issue. Posting here opens a ticket, so they’ll be along with next steps.

Hello @keshia_reid - I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this snag. I’ve actually just come across your email ticket and sent some troubleshooting steps along via email. I believe this may just be a loose connection.

Please check for that email, and let me know via that email thread if you’ve got any other questions. I’m going to go ahead and close this topic so we can keep our communication to a single channel. Thanks!