New in Catalog! Christmas Tree Jigsaw Puzzle with Whimsies

** Updated 2022, added to Glowforge Catalog! **

2020 post below:
So many enjoyed my Halloween Leaf DIY paint puzzle, that I thought a Christmas version would be a really fun activity for families and puzzle lovers to paint their own keepsake.

We have all had a lot of fun with it, and it makes a perfect gift for the neighbors who have to smell my scorched-wood output!

I’ve used watercolors to paint the wood, but also alcohol ink markers and chalk markers, they all give a slightly different effect. After a bit of feedback, I added in this little Christmas Tree ornament to test paint on!

** As of December 2022, published in Glowforge Catalog! **

Would you like to make a couple to gift around or sell?

Great for neighbor gifts, and perfect to gather the family around to create a new Christmas memory with. I cut it out of 1/4" plywood, and the file takes just about 18 minutes to run. It has been extensively tested and lots of little changes to make sure all of the exterior pieces interlock. Oh, and I made is so you can change out the word “family” in the heart-shaped puzzle piece and add your own word or last name. Carved initials are super popular, like S+T :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

Cut in Thick Maple Plywood Proofgrade.

41 Likes

Awesome job!

3 Likes

Aww, thanks Eric! I particularly like the reindeer hoofprints engraved across the top portion!

3 Likes

Hah! Missed that! (That IS adorable!) :smile:

4 Likes

Very, very cute!!

4 Likes

Adorable! I just love these shaped piece puzzles.

3 Likes

Thank you @Jules, @ptodd, and @cynd11! I was super surprised when my puzzle fans were ordering 4 and 5 at a time! Turns out they were gifting them to friends and family as a fun activity to do during Christmas. One of them even got an extra just to “have on hand in case” :blush:

3 Likes

As I wait for the Glowforge Designer Catalog backlog to work it’s way through for design acceptance, I decided to offer my favorite Christmas puzzle as a commercial license this year!

I loved making this puzzle, but I’m taking a break in making puzzles over Christmas. I wanted to make sure that people had a chance to add this fun puzzle to their household before the end of the holiday season! Know that this file will be removed if/once it is accepted into the GF Catalog!

4 Likes

I love your tree puzzle!!

6 Likes

Aww, thank you Pearl! It has made a lot of people lots of happy memories, and it makes me smile to know how much joy it brings :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Where do I find this file?

1 Like

Welcome to the community! I checked the link above, which was for 2021. Looks like the file has been taken down. If the author wants to provide the file to the forum, they will; but it’s not for us to ask for the file, per forum rules.

4 Likes

I’ve updated the file link, thanks for helping out @kelley1 ! I keep hopping between website platforms, which leads to deadlinks sometimes :sweat_smile:

Here is the updated link as well, to make it easier to find: Christmas Tree Puzzle.

*edited to update newest link to Glowforge Catalog!

3 Likes

This is such a cute design.

3 Likes

Thank you! I love seeing how other people choose to paint them :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

It is so awesome seeing your own designs in the wild! It really makes me happy.

4 Likes

Latest update, y’all! My favorite Christmas puzzle is now in the Glowforge Catalog :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

I always list my Glowforge designs as “Free with Premium”, so if you have a subscription, go cut one for you and all of your neighbors :wink::christmas_tree::gift:

6 Likes

It needs a kitten!

4 Likes

You’re not wrong :sweat_smile: Although I do have a Cat Christmas puzzle that I am working on for next year!

2 Likes

My tail is twitching in anticipation!

2 Likes