Valentine's Heart Puzzle - Victorian Cut

You know you were just waiting for the next puzzle from me :wink::sparkling_heart:

Fresh n’ tasty, this is a two-in-one, since there is puzzle band around the outside, and the center is a fit-placement of 14 hearts (you know, for Feb. 14th?). This puzzle is more difficult than the Halloween Leaf and my Christmas Tree puzzles!

Also includes an alternate piece that can be engraved on the back with your custom quote, hand-written note, or artwork.

Files:
PDF: 3CatMax-HeartPuzzle-GFGIFT.pdf (120.1 KB)
Right-click and save for the SVG:
3CatMax-HeartPuzzle-GFGIFT

54 Likes

That’s a cool idea! Thanks for sharing the file!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m loving the puzzle shapes, and I added a little hole in the alternate piece so it could be displayed when not in the puzzle :sunglasses:

Ooh - that the internal puzzle isn’t solid is wicked - I :heart: it!

2 Likes

It adds just a little bit of extra trickery! And makes it a family puzzle - let the kids do the outer ring, then the adults can figure out the center bit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you for your generous share.

2 Likes

That’s such an intriguing design! Thanks for your generous share.

1 Like

Very clever, and timely. Thanks!

Thank you, my family love the Leaf and Christmas Tree. I’m sure they’ll be excited about this one too!

2 Likes

Thank you, most generous @jamely. Beautiful, inspiring and versatile.

1 Like

I have several animal puzzle like the squirrel but I can’t figure out how to get it to cut right.
I used Inkscape and save as a svg file but it would only engrave. What am I doing wrong.
Thank you,
Pegkay53

3 Likes

Can you upload your .svg here (instead of the .jpeg above)? If you created it in Inkscape it could work - but if you imported a picture from elsewhere then likely what you need to do is Trace Bitmap. We’d be able to answer for sure if you upload your art.

2 Likes

squirrel puzzle
I can’t get it to load right.
Peg

Closed filled shapes default to engrave. Did you try changing to “no fill” in Inkscape and then in the GF UI specify cut for the line operation?

2 Likes

Yeah, the forum strips rasters from within .svgs so that’s definitely what you’ve got. You can zip the .svg and post that here and it’ll remain intact.

Or open your art in Inkscape, click on it, then click on Path (in the menu bar), then Trace Bitmap.
See what that gets you.

4 Likes

I finally got it figured out thank you so much,
Peg

3 Likes