New lid w/ wide angle Camera

Can glowforge just send a new lid and wide angle camera? Looks simple to reconnect into the unit. Seems sending in a machine for something that is simple is not cost effective for either party.

They probably won’t, but it certainly can’t hurt to ask. Note though that you said you emailed support, and you opened a ticket here by posting in problems and support. Multiple tickets can slow down the response time.

oh no…i didnt know that :frowning:

It’s not an issue. You’ll just need to wait for an answer from support on this one.

The camera position is not critical, any misalignment is compensated for in software.

The issue isn’t alignment. The camera shows nothing just black.

Ah. You didn’t share that above.

Sorry, yeah it was another thread specifically about the camera. There’s a picture you can see that I took.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. Unfortunately, we are not able to send lids out for repairs in the field. Each lid camera is calibrated to a specific printer by our technicians in our facility.

I just reached out by email with the next steps to repair this unit, so I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like