New machine and score option is cutting all the way thru

Believe this has been seen a few times before and it’s something about the laser not being able to modulate the power (likely power supply issue).

You could run a 500/1 score/cut and see what it does. That should barely mark the masking on Proofgrade.

So what does 1 do in this case if it’s a power supply issue

Unfortunately, for that you need to wait to hear from support. We can take folks through some of the simple tests to eliminate possible causes that are software and file related, but when it gets into the mechanical issues, they have information available to them with the data streams on the individual units that we don’t have. (And guessing doesn’t do anyone any good.) :neutral_face:

AWESOME!! Thanks for the quick responses… I’ll be waiting Support response. P.S. 500/1 cut to hot too :frowning:

Yeah, that’s not right.
As someone once said, the proof grade settings are like “training wheels” for those like me who are new to the technology. You have more control over things using manual settings. You can speed it up, or slow it down, and should be able to adjust the power delivered.
While you wait for support, I personally would use manual settings and dial down the power to determine if it can be regulated like that, just FYI - and use the time to get more familiar with the machine, the user interface, and help distract me from my frustrations.

For what it’s worth, yours is an unusual case as demonstrated by the many thousands of units in service out there. Personally I have about 18 months of next to flawless operation with a pre-release unit and my own machine. Sorry your experience has been poor, but know that it is not the norm.
Too bad you have the making/giving season upon you without what you should have to make it especially shiny.
Better luck to you! :christmas_tree:

I’m so sorry for the frustration.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

We’ve made a small change on our end which we believe will resolve the issues you were encountering. Could you please try printing the Gift of Good Measure again, and please let us know how it goes?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.