NEW MACHINE! stuck on centering

Hey y’all,

I have started a new thread since my last one was closed with no resolution.

I put my machine together on Tuesday evening. Everything seemed fine and to go according to plan. I followed every instruction and connected to WiFi. It congratulated me for the setup and took me to the dashboard.

…and every time since then: even after opening and closing the lid, even after disconnecting the WiFi and reconnecting and doing the same with every device, even after going through the set up over and over, even after checking every cable to ensure it is connected properly, even after connecting the glowforge to my hotspot and placing the phone as close to the machine as possible…

It never. leaves. centering. That’s all it does…”centering”.

I have had this machine for a few days now and haven’t been able to do a THING with it. Please Glowforge! Don’t close my topic and please respond to my emails! Right now it feels like I’ve invested in a heavy brick…this is bad! I’ve spent hours reading the forums and I have tried everything :frowning:

They closed your thread because you had already emailed them and opened a support ticket that way, so the new one you opened by posting here was a duplicate. Multiple support tickets just slow things down. They should be replying to your email soon, if they haven’t already, so hang tight. (They’ll close this thread, too.)

3 Likes

Inspect the black lid cable, make sure there’s nothing obviously loose where it plugs in.

Thank you for your patience through this process.

I see that my colleague got in touch with you in regards to a replacement lid cable. I’ve followed up with that email correspondence to get you a new cable. I’ve sent you more information regarding the replacement. Did you by chance receive that? If not, please let us know.

1 Like

Its been a while since we’ve heard from you @tausha, have you received your replacement black lid cable? If so, do you have in questions about the installation? Please let us know, and we would be more than happy to assist you.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.