New Material Holder

To Start things off, I did not think of this but merely revised it to work with my needs (Original Post: Simple Material Holder )

So I liked the design in thee above post but wanted something thin enough to put on bowed thin material and just a bit sleeker.

The holder uses tha same magnets as the first but replaces the need for glue with :proofgrade: veneer, it holds amazingly strong and looks nice with the acrylic I used, also I have yet to put glue on them cause the little tabs touching the sticky veneer are pretty solid. !

Magnets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYU3SX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Design: (cut the more solid items with veneer) Holders.zip (1.1 KB)

48 Likes

ok, pictures are good now! (mumbles… stupid usb cable)

4 Likes

also just fixed issue with the file

1 Like

This is fantastic!

1 Like

tyvm, again, I did not make the base design so pls dont give me all the cred (dont want to try to make it seem like I stealing his idea) just thought i’d make a bit prettier v2.

1 Like

BTW, would love to see any other designs or takes with colors or what not! (a little part of me wants to engrave the two spots on top with the gf logo or something.)

3 Likes

Thank you for the file.

1 Like

How about the truetech000 logo? :smile:

1 Like

Well… That’s not a bad idea. (iGor… Pull the switch!)

Has anyone actually made this from the attached file?
The holes for the magnets are .946 diameter while the magnets for the original design are 1.263 diameter.
The slots in the holder are .094 wide while Medium Clear Proofgrade Acrylic is .114 thick.

it is the exact file I used to make mine, ill print a test bit and make sure it works again in a bit, but it should be good?.

I wonder if sugru might work. Fitting it with some talcum power then removing at once to cure.

Hi truetech000 did you confirm that the file works? Cheers.

Sorry it has taken forever to respond, the file is good. It may be a scaling issue, as long as the slots for 1/8" tabs are indeed 1/8" (.125") then you are golden.

1 Like

Thank you. I am a newbie, so just reading your post.

holders work great used two magnets per pocket

Good to hear, and welcome to the community btw!!!