New Scuba Suede Vendor Engraving Results

Settings for all photos were full speed, 10 power, 225 LPI

Joanns Fabrics no longer has the scuba suede I normally use available. So I went on a quest to find a new source for the material. I found a source and although its a few dollars more expensive per yard (Joanns had it for $24 a yard but often on sale for less then $14), they do offer more colors. I got in a batch of samples and engraved them. Below is the result of each one from being engraved.

The engraving does not wash out and the fabric holds up well after engraving. I use a magnetic whiteboard and ceramic magnets to keep the material nice and flat in the machine.

29 Likes

Thank you for sharing your new source and your experience!

It’s nice to see you here again. I’m sure the new baby is keeping you busy.

11 Likes

Looks like it engraved very well! Thanks for sharing your results!

11 Likes

The contrast of these engraves is impressive. Thanks for sharing.

11 Likes

Great contrast, even the engrave on the darkest colors, the “Dusty” and “Brown” are very clear. Thanks for sharing your new material find and your testing results. Doggie prints for Lyle?

11 Likes

Thanks for the source. Good to see you back! Hope you’re settled in with that new little one!

8 Likes

That looks like enough colors to let you design for every season.

8 Likes

They surprisingly have even more colors. But they looked to mainly be shades of brown.

4 Likes

We need a baby pic btw… lol (Please?) :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:
(that’s my best impression of Puss in Boots’ face or Bluey and Bingo puppy dog eyes face)

9 Likes

Sure thing!

I took Lyle to his first fashion show event (it was an art gallery fashion show)

Lyle and Thorin are getting along well too

5 Likes

Aww thank you for sharing! So handsome! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You, Lyle and the pup are all looking happy and well. Thanks for the pics.

3 Likes