New Stuck Centering -also getting Passthrough Alignment Error Message on non-activated Pro machine

Hi, Everyone!

We have a new Glowforge and were very excited but have spent many hours over the last few days trying to get it to work. It just keeps getting stuck Centering or Scanning which seems like a common problem and we have tried all the suggested recommendations.

This is what we have done to try to solve the problem.

We have run setup many times over several days and everytime it tells us “Setup is complete” but then just keeps scanning or centering.

We have turned off all other devices connected to Wifi.

Multiple times, we turned off the computer, glowforge and router, waited and then rebooted everything. Then proceeded to successfully setup again just for it to get stuck again.

We have talked to Comcast to check our download and upload speed and we have a Asus RT- AC3200 Router and have glowforge connected to its 2.4Ghz network.

We turned it off, cleaned the camera and turned it back on with the lid open and carefully recentered it. This seemed to work once and we were able to cut a couple of the test items. So we thought it was fixed, but next time we logged in it got stuck centering and scanning and would not get past it.

We have repeated all of the above over and over to no avail.

Tonight, it now gives us an error on top of getting stuck on centering. The error says “unable to align. To continue align the next part of the print manually.”. When I look up this error I only see the error with people using the pass through slot or snapmarks. We are doing neither. I’m just trying to print pictures onto the Medium Draft Wood when this happens.

We have owned it for a week and have only gotten to operate it a couple of times. We were once again able to run setup and then it got stuck centering and scanning again

Thank you!

There is a little switch in the “three vertical dots” icon on the top row that turns on the Pro Passthrough function…make sure that hasn’t been accidentally turned on.

The three dots in the top of the app? It only has these options: Refresh Bed Image, Set Focus, Design Details, Glowforge Air Filter, Units. I am using a Pro but don’t see this Passthrough Function.

Thank you!

If you haven’t signed up for it, it won’t be there yet. But the error message sounds like something from that process, which might be a bug that Support needs to look into. (Probably nothing wrong with your machine, they are rolling this out currently and there might be some unusual hiccups at first.)

You let them know about it with this post, and I added to your Title so they know about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you’ve run into trouble with your new Glowforge. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and a big thanks to both you and @Jules for noting the error message you’re getting.

I saw the email you sent in about this, and I’ve sent some next steps there, so I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like