New Workflow from Fusion 360 to Glowforge

fusion360

I followed this video and created a reusable box in f360 to dynamically adjust box dimensions (length, width, height) as well as quantity of finger joints per dimension. The video doesn’t show how to build a box with a top, but can simply duplicate the bottom panel to create the top panel.

3 Likes

For anybody suffering with the step between 3D model and the CAM setup, here’s what I’ve been using quite a lot and it works wonders:

Just as an FYI, really :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s my video. I’ve got a whole slew of additional videos that I need to post that I just haven’t had time to complete.

2 Likes

Fantastic box, I’ve been trying hard to learn f360. Self taught a bunch of other applications including photoshop, illustrator, crew, etc. The one thing I’m having trouble wrapping my head around when it comes to what I call “ flat pack” designs (where all sides need to be laid out coplanar) in f360 is what are those sides sides? Are they components each in one assembly? Bodies? Whenever I try to make a simple six sided cube out of six separate bodies, the interface joins them together once I align. Then at that point I can’t figure out how to do finger joints, so I’ve been manually creating them in illustrator. For some designs, this hasn’t been easy to visualize.

0 Likes

You have total control over what joins and what does not.

Whether you have six components or 6 bodies is up to you as well. Get your head around these, and you will start to get better with it.

There is a set of tutorials in the matrix that takes you from zero to making a divided box. Every one of the concepts in it applies to making a poly.

Work through those and if you have any trouble ask and we’ll get you through any rough spots.

0 Likes