Last time I did anything with wood was over 40 years ago in (what was then required) woodshop.
I managed to make this as my first practical Glowforge project. It is a card organizer for the board game World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch.
Stuff I learned: how to layout a tray using boxes.py, how to make changes to it (move a divider, remove tabs, engrave), prototyping with cardboard and working with low-cost Baltic birch. The tolerances to make everything fit were very tight. The reason one compartment is labeled is that those cards have to go there in order to fit under the game box’s lid… just barely
BTW, since I found this hard to find, I ended up with 150 speed / 75 power as good cut settings for the 1/8" Baltic birch plywood in order to minimize scorching (I used transfer tape on the boards too).