Newbie needs help

I just set up my glowforge wifi , everything is great, I try my first cut and its not cutting? I accidentally when putting the printer head top came off and a magnet fell out, I put it back could this cause it not to cut? UGH please help

Unfortunately I figured out what happened and I could just cry!! The printer head mirror fried ( must have put back in wrong!) and I’m sure the lens is messed up, so without even printing I need to replace both $75 for one and $45 for the other!! Not even one print done!!!

Providing photos will help support with your issue.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag!

Would it be possible to obtain the images of the two optical components you are noticing imperfections on? I’d be happy to take a look.

This is what I found after searching where the smell was coming from.

Yikes!

Thank you @cjwrapper06 for that photo.

I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of the inside of your printer head like the examples below.

• The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The inside the printer head where the mirror fits into
  • The bottom of the printer head without the lens

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Thank you for posting those photos. After taking a look at your account, I noticed that you’ve already ordered those replacement optics. Once you’re able to replace the mirror and the lens, could you please follow the steps located on our support page here for “Things That Need Wiping”?

Once you’ve followed those steps to ensure that your Glowforge is clean, try a test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this thread.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new thread or reach out at support@glowforge.com.