No Artwork problem (SOLVED)

Hi guys, If you are having problem when adding the artwork it stays all filled black and it says "No Artwork.

I managed to find a work around it so it works and you can get back to Forging again!

All you have to do is select all the artwork and (Cmd+C / Cmd+V) or (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V) and the artwork will show as it should!

It’s working for me so I’m sure it will work for you too! :slight_smile:
I hope that helps somebody that panicked like I did! :slight_smile:

Happy forging!

R

5 Likes

Hmm, so the copy/paste commands fix that.

So, with the copy/paste (Cmd+C / Cmd+V) or (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V), I’m guessing it’s adding a 2nd image on top of the first. Would that make the GF engrave the image twice (one on top of the other)? I’m not sure, which is why I’m asking.

Or would it engrave the black image, then the newly pasted image…thus resulting in a black image?

Best regards,
Keith

Just reloading the tab works for me…

Hi! Yeah! Will add another image but both will look as it should be! You delete one and hey yeah. Go for it. :blush:

Thanks

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z

That’s the select all, copy, paste and the last deletes the extra copy that otherwise would result in double operations.

1 Like

Or you can Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V (select, cut, paste) to save one step.

Never mind-- that takes a perfectly good graphic and turns it into a big black blob…

1 Like

I didn’t know if it would redisplay with the cut & paste vs copy & paste. Good to know it’s just the paste action that’s needed.

Ctrl+X you mean! Not +Z! :blush:

1 Like

I found the same problem in a way. When I do a second upload, the image comes in solid black and is listed as “no artwork”. The only way I’ve had to fix this is to start a new Glowforge tab. Kinda of concerned if this gets in the way of uploading multiple pieces of artwork onto a single piece of material to cut.

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to find another workaround. Thanks for letting us know about this! We’re seeing this problem, too, and we’re looking into it now. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread. Happy printing!

1 Like