No birch setting on the Aura

I’m new to GF Aura just a few weeks. So, I just got a new wood for my Aura a Baltic birch. I’m wanting to try a new wood because the medium basswood I was using was too soft and may have had a MDF core. Which on the Aura you can’t cut because it clogs up the system. So anyways does anyone know what a good setting is to cut through it? It’s a 1/8 3mm 12x12 boards. And there’s no presets for a Baltic birch. I only have 20 pieces and really don’t want to waste wood. Any suggestions please.

1 Like

You’re going to have to test, because every machine is slightly different - but I’d start with the PG setting for basswood ply. There’s a good chance that’ll work, but bb usually requires less power so you can turn it down. You can do this testing on a tiny piece of material using this:

7 Likes

I will definitely give this a try thank you!

2 Likes

When you figure it out it would be great to do a post in Beyond the Manual as I think that might be the most popular non-pg plywood out there.

5 Likes

Once my testing is done I might just do that.

3 Likes

and/or add it to the Aura settings spreadsheet!

6 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I just used thick basswood plywood on the Aura and it worked! Cutting 1/8" baltic birch.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.