No Foolin'

Will do! I didn’t think it was a big deal (figured it was due to something that I did) but I’ll try to be mindful about reporting all of the little details that I notice. They may get sick of me very quickly :wink:

2 Likes

My dad was a tattoo artist, which is where I initially learned it. Since then, I’ve heard it used in reference painting, dyeing, plating, etc. - basically any time that the coloration takes a little skip.

5 Likes

Wow!! So glad you’ve got your hands on a GF. I cannot wait to see what you create!!

2 Likes

Congrats and wow so much activity in delivery this week. I am really!! Looking forward to this months update

2 Likes

Congrats! Great to see another one out there making beautiful things!

1 Like

The Scan and Trace is pretty amazing but it does pick up on even the slightest variation of grey scale. I have noted that reflective surfaces also can figure into what gets marked as black and what gets marked as white.

And then when you click somewhere to mark a cut, you are amazed at all the other things that turn pink with it. I’ve taken the time to click on many different parts of the scan to see how it works. You can always hit the undo key and go back and it is easy enough to rescan.

Most of the time it just works if you have simple enough lines, but then, my drawing skills are so poor, there are never just simple lines.

6 Likes

Now that is a super important fact… This probably just saved me a whole bunch of confusion.

3 Likes

Hey, that’s great! Hope you get some good use of it!

Yep! That confirms my fear… that nobody will be around to receive it. Which really sucks because that means I’ll have to have it shipped to work and then lug it home somehow. UGH!

3 Likes

@Drea congrats! I hope you stay impressed with the machine. I’m starting to smell something though…so many “Pre-release” GFs are being sent out…are they going to say that they are production GFs and you can keep them? So many Pre-releases…hmmmm…something is beginning to be fishy… :fish: - Rich

8 Likes

Lets hope there isn’t a slip coming. :kissing:

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think it’s the other way around…(but I’m an optimist, with a lot of faith). - Rich

5 Likes

Drea…I’ve been so immersed in my own doldrums I neglected to tell you how pleased I am for your good fortune. I know first-hand, the happiness that you felt when you got that email from Rita…and then got the Glowforge. I love all the things you been making so far. It will be fun to do this all together, soon.:relaxed:

3 Likes

Congrats on your new toy!!! Can’t wait to see what you will create! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Excited to see what you will be making!

2 Likes

Getting the wind knocked out of your sails :punch: (or getting the wind knocked out of you directly) makes it hard to think about other things since all you want is the next breath to kick in.

We knew that there would be issues, just sucks to be on the receiving end of them.

Looking forward to how @Rita will get you through this.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. They aren’t sending any Pros out (yet) so they need to do a swap for all of those (and there have to be a bunch of folks who got them that are Pro buyers).

I thought about this a bit and think that although there might be value from a hardware standpoint in terms of changes/tweaking they can do to the line or testing before shipping but what I think the real value is in the software input they’ll get. Since it’s cloud based and needs a GF to send things to so you can see the physical thing, to do beta or prep for GA testing of the software they need to send out a bunch of hardware too. It could be that they think the software is finally hitting a critical mass of feature/functionality that could warrant release and they want to confirm that with different folks with different skillsets and backgrounds. To do that they have to give them a GF to use.

Darn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Isn’t there a keyboard button you can press for tracing to adjust contrast or something? Like, up arrow or shift up or down? Can’t find a reference to that with a quick forum search, but I’m pretty sure I’m not making it up.

I just spent an hour playing with the trace. In my interface there isn’t this function. It’s pretty minimal. You might want to search. I do believe there has been some talking about adding extra features to the scan and trace operations. I’m posting a video this afternoon of a demo. It’s just lots of clicking and testing and seeing what happens. Not sure if it is helpful or not, but at least those who know better might point some things out regarding the process.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the ctrl+up / down adjusts the threshold of a scan. (command+ up/down on a Mac).

12 Likes

Well, I’ll be danged. It does work that way! Teach me to read the manual! It’s in there. As I’ve said. I’m just not keen on the scan and trace because my drawing skills are minimal. I keep looking for on screen help or cues and if it isn’t there for reference, it’s non-existent to me.

3 Likes