No glowing button, can't connect to wifi

Hi all, so it’s been a while since I’ve used my GF (vacation, life, etc) and in the meantime I’ve gotten a new modem/wifi setup. I turned on the GF and it didn’t run through its normal cycle, no glowing button. When I look under my wifi options I don’t see it listed as one to connect to.
Any guidance as to what else I can check?
Thanks for any advice!!

4 Likes

You have to hold the button on the GF until it glows teal, then connect to it.

https://setup.glowforge.com/ will walk you thru the process (including the above…)

1 Like

You must go through the set-up process again and connect to your new wifi. As stated above, hold down the button until it turns teal and then proceed as if you just got your Glowforge.

Thank you! I’d pressed it once but apparently didn’t hold it down long enough. I think we’re a go!

3 Likes

Thanks!! I love this helpful community!

5 Likes

Yep, gotta hold the button down until you think there’s no way this is working, then about 5 more seconds…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble with setup. Thank you for the help everyone. I’m so glad you were able to get connected and back to printing! I am going to close this thread, if you have any other questions please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!

1 Like