No Laser but the Printer Head moves!

I could not be more frustrated. We returned our first Glowforge because our laser wasn’t cutting all of the way through. We just received our warranty replacement in the mail and set up everything according to the instructions and the printer head moves with no laser at all and no purple beam in the tube. The mirror is perfectly fine. Nothing is coming out of the printer head to cut or engrave. We are extremely upset since this is our second machine, we have followed all instructions and been incredibly careful, and we can’t call since they don’t offer phone support. I sent an email and hope that someone gets back to me as soon as possible. Sending in a second for warranty replacement literally means we miss all of our business from the Christmas season.

Have you run the gift of good measure with the default settings on Proofgrade material? This is going to be the first step Support will ask you to do.
If it works, your power setting may be at 1.
If it doesn’t work, you will need to wait for support.

4 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.