No Response from Support - It's Been Three Days

A piece broke on my Glowforge and I immediately reached out to support three times and haven’t received a single reply in the last three days. Is the support team not able to respond because they’re working remotely now?

Waiting is tough, but they will get to you. If you are writing multiple support requests you are actually hurting yourself because each separate post starts a new support ticket which slows everything down. Try to hang in there. :wink:

1 Like

Did you get the initial auto reply they received your message? Check your SPAM folder just incase their reply got flagged. Since its been over the normal amount of time posting here will alert them of the missed communication.

1 Like

Support is responding in about 1 business day. As stated, check your spam folder, but posting here has opened another ticket so they will post here as well.

1 Like

My initial reply was sent via e-mail, and no replies were received. My follow-ups were sent via their website (lower right corner button) and both confirmed at the site but so far no responses or confirmations.

1 Like

Just checked my SPAM folder and it doesn’t look like any e-mails from Glowforge have ended up there. Honestly if they just had the spare parts I needed that I could purchase from the site I wouldn’t have needed to deal with support at all.

One of the black ring bearings that holds the belt on the pulley became brittle and broke when I attempted to re-seat it after getting the Air Assist Fan error. If I have to do that sort of maintenance, at least make the parts available to me if they’re vulnerable.

1 Like

They do have quite a few of the parts available now: Spare Parts – Glowforge Shop but not all - keep in mind they’re a pretty small company and their just growing their suppliers etc. They don’t put anything in the shop until they’re sure they have a solid supplier and can keep it in stock. When they were 2 years old there was nothing, now they’re 5ish they’ve got some, by 10 they may have everything!

1 Like

I’m glad to see the shop has expanded as well alas they didn’t have the parts I need to get back up and running. I’m thinking as these machines start to age with use more obscure pieces and parts are going to start appearing in the store. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you ran into trouble! I’ve just sent you an email with the next steps to get a replacement part, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like