No Response from Support, Need Help Connecting New Fan

Hello everyone -

After 12 days of back-and-forth with supper, they have stopped answering my attempts to contact them about when my replacement carriage plate will be sent out. I am at a complete loss, so I purchased a replacement fan (the only part that was actually broken) but it came without the proper connector piece to the carriage plate. It does have the cables, but I know nothing about wiring them properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to mess things up further as it doesn’t seem like I am going to get any further help from Glowforge support.

Please help if you know how!

Wish I felt comfortable trying to explain it but what is easy for me might end up making things worse for you. The color code of the four wires will likely be the same so it’s a matter of swapping the connector. My brother couldn’t do it but my wife probably could. Everyone is different. If you are desperate maybe taking the two fans to a computer repair shop would work. Any computer geek could do it as long as the fans are identical.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve followed up to your email with your shipment information.

Since we’re working on it there, I’m going to close this topic.