No wifi connection on refurbished unit to router or phone hotspot

Thank you! I’m taking a look now, and based on what I see here, there may just be a firmware update needed. I can make sure that happens from my end. Could you please do the following?

1. Turn on the Glowforge (no need to press the button on top, only the switch on the back)
  2. Leave it on
  3. Reply to let me know you’ve done so

Thank you!

1 Like

I just turned it on.

Thanks again. I’m truly sorry for the repetitive steps, but could I please have you run through the steps at setup.glowforge.com one more time? Because the firmware update is still needed, I expect you’ll see the “Glowforge didn’t Connect” error again. When you do, please press the button on top of the Glowforge once so it stops glowing teal, and leave the printer on. Thanks!

I have pressed the button, it is no longer teal.

Excellent. The update is complete! Could you please log in at app.glowforge.com and tell me what you see?

I want to apologize again for the unusual situation here. I’ve let the team know about what happened so we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks so much for your help troubleshooting.

Please note: it may take another minute or two for the Glowforge to finish applying all updates and be ready to print. Let me know what you see in about five minutes!

I see the GF is “Ready” in the RH menu, and the camera shows the PG material in the bed.

I’ll let it set for several minutes and then, should I run a simple test or just jump in?

And thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Absolutely! Go ahead and try a test print, and let me know if you run into any trouble.

I’ll do that, thanks. I set a score line on the PG and used the Set Focus command. From here, I could hear the head move for the measurement. It’s good so far! :smiley:

2 Likes

Pew, pew, pew! Score, engrave, cut. Life is good.

Have a good night & be well.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m very glad to hear that the pews are go!

Have a great night, and a wonderful weekend.

1 Like