No wifi connection

Looks as though this is a very common problem!!
Made it as far as finding all connections but not actually being able to connect.
Have addressed all issues on trouble shooting, have tried multiple devices of different OS and have had no progress, have watched an endless amount of informational video’s, have updated my systems and the list goes on.

It looks simple and easy while watching video on line yet when actually attempted it is not as simple, nor is the process of navigating any of the forums.

I’m quite discouraged at this point, not only for time spent in frustration over something that should be simple and should have been in use for at least a month now but also the frustration of a highly expensive unit not capable of being a bit more user friendly.

I could really use some expertise right now and would greatly appreciate someone helping me get this thing up and running!

A little frustrated but willing to be a bit more patient “customer”

Sorry you are having problems. When it works, it just works. When it doesn’t it can be hard to figure out what is the problem since there are so many variables.

Are you able to connect a device like your phone or tablet to the Glowforge’s ad hoc network while the teal button is pulsing?

Are you able to complete the setup routine and get the huzzah and confetti?

Is the handoff a problem?

Are you able to check your wifi router logs and see if there has been a connection?

Is the lack of connection just that the app is showing offline?

What is your wifi setup? What other devices do you have connected to it?

So for the last month no connection as in the Glowforge isn’t connecting to the mothership or that you are getting error messages that say no connection?

I’m here for the evening and I’ll do my best.

4 Likes

Did your search include This?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your issues. I was having them also but I’m finally connected.
My issue was the airplane mode in the WiFi settings. Even though I don’t have a cellular connection, I turned it off then turned WiFi back on.
Hope this works for you.

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.