Non-GF Monitor stand 😇

A user was asking about the monitor stand shown in the promo video. This one isn’t quite as nice, but is a fairly close stand-in until the official design drops.

Non-GF Monitor Stand

Print three times on different materials (if desired). I added alignment holes for 1/8" brass rods (avoid wood dowels as the point is to keep all those layers aligned). If desired, print two arches without holes for the front and back.

Standard Disclaimer: For personal use only, no commercial use allowed. Don’t sell the design, file, or physical copy on Etsy, Ebay, or FB. Use at your own risk – I make no promises that the materials you use and assemble will support the weight of a random monitor or laptop. Shoot, I haven’t even made one of these. If you’re concerned, please don’t use this design. Seriously.

48 Likes

@dwardio what program did you use to design this? I have used Auto Cad, but I am unfamiliar with other programs to use. Thank you.

The file says Adobe Illustrator.

1 Like

I used Illustrator, specifically the polygon, line, and pathfinder tools.

2 Likes

@dwardio great, thank you! I will have to look into that program. Thanks for the heads-up on the specific tools you used, I appreciate it!
Have a wonderful day!!

Well thank you! I’d love to see a photo of it made up.

1 Like

Nice job :slightly_smiling_face: Less space wasted than I thought there would be when nesting.

You’re a better man than I Gunga Din :yum:

2 Likes

Many people here use Inkscape, which is free and just as capable.

Where can I get some good Lazarushian leather?

C. Lazarus & Co., Calcutta (fine furniture makers)

2 Likes

Me too! Hope someone posts one. :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@eflyguy thank you! I’ll check into it also.

Me! Me! It was me! Thank you for posting this! I would not have thought about putting brass rods (or even wood dowels)…I have a light weight monitor that will work just fine with this. Thank you for going to all of this trouble…and most of all…sharing with us! You rock!!!

3 Likes

Wonderful work! The original used dowels for stability too, as I recall.

3 Likes

Very kind of you! Thank you!

2 Likes
  1. I forgot to ask was this designed for medium or thick, or would that even matter?
  2. If you print two arches without cutting holes, would you need to engrave the holes instead so the rods would sit into the front and back arches somewhat (without going through to the outside)?
  3. How would you attach the front and back? Just wood glue to the end pieces?
  4. Guessing even though you have the rods, you would still glue the wood together to hold it tightly together? — or do you put something on the end of the rods and is there adhesive to hold the rod in th eend pieces?

Thanks for any information. I hope to make this soon.

No adjustments are needed for different thicknesses - mix & match materials would yield interesting results.

I wouldn’t engrave the end pieces, but no reason not to if you prefer. Either way, I’d assemble the interior, gluing between every piece, clamp it, and let it set up before attaching the ends with glue.

Be sure to post a photo of your build!

1 Like

I thought the stand was Gluten-Free! :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

It is if you use acrylic! HA!

3 Likes