Non-GF Monitor stand 😇

A user was asking about the monitor stand shown in the promo video. This one isn’t quite as nice, but is a fairly close stand-in until the official design drops.

Non-GF Monitor Stand

Print three times on different materials (if desired). I added alignment holes for 1/8" brass rods (avoid wood dowels as the point is to keep all those layers aligned). If desired, print two arches without holes for the front and back.

Standard Disclaimer: For personal use only, no commercial use allowed. Don’t sell the design, file, or physical copy on Etsy, Ebay, or FB. Use at your own risk – I make no promises that the materials you use and assemble will support the weight of a random monitor or laptop. Shoot, I haven’t even made one of these. If you’re concerned, please don’t use this design. Seriously.

37 Likes

@dwardio what program did you use to design this? I have used Auto Cad, but I am unfamiliar with other programs to use. Thank you.

The file says Adobe Illustrator.

1 Like

I used Illustrator, specifically the polygon, line, and pathfinder tools.

1 Like

@dwardio great, thank you! I will have to look into that program. Thanks for the heads-up on the specific tools you used, I appreciate it!
Have a wonderful day!!

Well thank you! I’d love to see a photo of it made up.

1 Like

Nice job :slightly_smiling_face: Less space wasted than I thought there would be when nesting.

You’re a better man than I Gunga Din :yum:

2 Likes

Many people here use Inkscape, which is free and just as capable.

Where can I get some good Lazarushian leather?

C. Lazarus & Co., Calcutta (fine furniture makers)

2 Likes

Me too! Hope someone posts one. :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@eflyguy thank you! I’ll check into it also.

Me! Me! It was me! Thank you for posting this! I would not have thought about putting brass rods (or even wood dowels)…I have a light weight monitor that will work just fine with this. Thank you for going to all of this trouble…and most of all…sharing with us! You rock!!!

2 Likes

Wonderful work! The original used dowels for stability too, as I recall.

2 Likes

Very kind of you! Thank you!

1 Like