Not a valid US Address?!?

So, I just got THE email, and was SUPER excited. So I clicked on the link and got to the first page where you put in your shipping address, so I type it in. Then I click Next Step button, and I get this error next to it: “Not a valid US Address”.

Now, I assure you, I live in a major city and I get UPS packages at my address every week from Amazon, and I’ve double and triple checked that everything is being put in correctly. Not sure what is being used for address validation, even if it’s the UPS Api, but in this case it’s wrong. Also, the address validates just fine on the USPS site.

How do I get past this page so I can get my Glowforge!

19 Likes

Email support@glowforge.com and they should get it lined out for you.

Congratulations BTW!!

@Rita

9 Likes

While you’re waiting and if you don’t mind, adding your data to our little crowd-sourced spreadsheet?

It would be much appreciated! :smiley:

Congratulations! :boom::confetti_ball::tada::balloon::sparkles:

3 Likes

Congrats.

Address validation is one of the banes of my existence. I have not been able to buy from Adafruit because their address validation sends me in a loop and I just haven’t taken the time to navigate their support system to get it fixed. USPS doesn’t deliver to my office physical address and we have a post office box. They won’t take a PO Box alone and not matter what combination I try, it gives me errors. Haven’t tried in a few months.

Of the many shows and movies that use address mix up or name mix up, my favorite is Brazil. That is one wicked take on bureaucracy.

3 Likes

Congrats! Support will fix you up. Excited for you!

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

For anyone else in the future, if you’re having trouble with an apartment number or specific instructions, try inputting that information into the second address line.

4 Likes