Not cutting after Cleaning Lense

I cleaned the lense then kept getting an error my laser had been bumped. The it isn’t cutting. It is only lightly making a mark.

Any recommendations? I have turned off and on, refreshed website, but later under lense, changed material.

I have all weekend to use machine due to no plans a ton of new material and it isn’t working.

I messaged customer service last night but not sure how long they take to respond.

Help please.

1 Like

First thing to check is that you haven’t put the lens in upside down.

If the lens was in upside down there would be a thick burn line.

Can you show a pic of the screen that includes your settings?
Also with the machine off gently pull the head until the GF symbol is directly under the camera and then turn it on.

Welcome to the forum.
It would be helpful to know what material this is that you are trying to cut, and as noted previously a screenshot showing material selected and cut/engrave settings is necessary for anyone to be very helpful.

Hey there, I am surprised by the lightness of the cut. It looks like a score. I would have suggested to make sure the lens was seated fully in the head, but that would blow your focus. This looks focused, just not deep. Do you mind sharing the material and the settings that you are using to cut?

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while using your Glowforge. I see you emailed us about this and we’ve replied to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.