Not cutting all the way - please help!

My machine is once again giving me problems. It hasn’t been cutting material all the way through and when it did cut it was not centered like it was supposed to be. Once again I have wasted numerous pieces of wood trying to figure out my issue again. I cleaned everything, didn’t help. Turned machine off and on, didn’t help. refreshed the app, didn’t help. all previous suggestions have been done but issue remains. Please help as I have customers waiting on orders! yet again frustrated by this expensive machine causing a weekly problem.

It would be helpful to know what material you are trying to cut. A photo would be extra helpful. When you say you have tried all previous suggestions, does that include cleaning all of the optics and fans, the material is held perfectly flat against the honeycomb tray and you used the set focus tool before placing your artwork?

2 Likes

I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps.

Could you please post a photo of the front and back of the print?

Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

• If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Here’s what my issue is, I have orders and every week I’m need to complete numerous steps before I’m able to successfully get products to be correct. This is unacceptable. This is an almost brand new machine (I’ve had problems pretty early on).

Now, my machine isn’t printing correctly again. It isn’t smooth. For example, circles are a bit jagged, not smooth. Any quick ideas that might help? I turn machine off on, reload page, set focus, material flat (1/8" wood), etc etc.

Honestly my next step is to file a complaint with BBB and Attorney General office.

I can sure understand your frustration. Instead of jumping into filing complaints though, I suggest you first take all the steps that DavidW listed. You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

you need to follow the troubleshooting steps as outlined.

1 Like

Jagged circles are almost always because of incorrect belt tension or a cracked wheel. Are you loosening the bolt on the right when you remove the carriage plate to clean the air assist fan?

1 Like

Is there a trick to get the belt tighter? The bolt won’t
move any more for me but it doesn’t seem tight enough.

I have never removed my belt by loosening the bolt, but the instructions are here, and using a mirror on the bed of the Glowforge so you can see up under the carriage is helpful: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/4401913883547-Print-is-Distorted

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Your most recent prints don’t seem to look ok in the logs. How do they look for you?

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.